I am now 39 weeks pregnant. I thought people would like to see how big I have gotten. This isn't the most flattering picturing of me, but since I took the picture of myself I wasn't expecting it to be very good.
I am feeling "okay." The baby has dropped which has given my lower back and pelvis a lot of discomfort, but I can breath easier and I don't have as much reflux, so it has been an okay trade off. I had a doctor's appointment today and he told me I could go into labor whenever I was ready (with a sly smile on his face). I explained to him that I have been holding off my labor so Jason could finish his paper for his class. He turned it in yesterday afternoon so I guess I am free to go into labor now. I have been having mild contractions off and on for a day now. My doctor decided to check me and to see if the contractions were doing anything. I am already 2 cm dilated. I am not too excited about it yet, because I did this with Josiah and it was another week before I went into labor. But the news that I am dilating (and the fact that he is done with his paper) has got Jason finally motivated to help me get the baby's room put together. Hopefully by the end of this weekend my list of "things that need to be done before the baby arrives" will be completed and then I can relax until he finally decides to bless us with his presence.
Josiah seems excited for baby brother to enter the world. The other day I had my shirt up to scratch my belly and he yelled really loud, "Look, baby brother is waving at me. Hi baby brother." And he waved back. He also likes to come up and pull up my shirt and lay his head on my belly. He tells me he is giving baby brother a hug. When people ask Josiah about his baby brother he tells people that his baby brother lives in mommy's tummy and he needs to come out so we can play toys with him. I know that the transition to having a new family member won't be completely easy, but it is nice that he is excited about the possibility.
So all is well in our family right now. It is nice to have Jason's paper done and for the UCC activities to slow down so we can actually prepare and be excited about our new addition. I expect the next time someone posts you will get to see pictures of our new blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment