December 15, 2009

Quick Update

I hope to update the blog tomorrow with pictures, but for now I will give you a quick update with how things are going.

We are now all home. We were able to come home last night, which is a real miracle considering all the problems Jaron had with this lungs. Not only did he have fluid in his lungs he had to work out, but he also a pnemothorax (I think that is how you spell it) which is a small hole in his lung that was letting some of his air out into his abdominal cavity. This was one of the reasons why his breathing was so irregular. After a rough Saturday he started to improve around midnight and by noon on Sunday he was able to join us in our room. He was cleared the leave the hospital at 5:00. After we cleaned up our stuff and ate dinner we headed home around 7:00. It amazes me how God creates babies that seem so fragile to heal so quickly. He is doing great. He is doing all the typical newborn baby stuff. Eat, sleep, soil diapers, and keep mommy and daddy up at night. We have a follow up appointment tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay.

Josiah loves his baby brother. He was so excited when he finally got to hold Jaron for a few minutes today. He always wants to hold him or touch him. Josiah reads books to us while I nurse Jaron and he has been very helpful in getting me stuff when I am busy tending to Jaron. We couldn't have ask for a better big brother for Jaron.

Jason has been an amazing support and help through this whole thing. Not only was he an amazing labor coach, but he handled a lot of the stressful situations we had to go through with great composure. He drove wondefully to the hospital in an ice storm while helping me work through my contractions. When Jaron had to leave to be monitored in the nursery, and I had to wait until my epideral wore off, he did a great job of running back and forth to be with Jaron while keeping me informed of what was happening. When I was sleeping he would go and hold Jaron in the nursery just to make sure he was okay. Since we have been home Jason has done a lot to help clean, cook food, and allow me time to rest. I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father to my two boys.

Right now Josiah is laying in bed singing, "My God is so big, so strong and so mighty there is nothing my God cannot do." I think that sums up our past couple of days.

No comments: