June 15, 2011

"Summer" Time

I put the word "summer" in quotations because it is not a normal summer yet. However, I am not complaining. I am enjoying the upper 60s-lower 70s weather. I don't like being hot so this weather is ideal for me. I love that I can work in the yard and not overheat. I can still use the oven without worrying about overheating the house. We are able to get out an enjoy without getting rained on, so I am content. Here is how we have been enjoying our summer.

The boys have been enjoying basketball. Josiah is really good about taking turns with Jaron.


We have been doing lots of yard work, though it doesn't look like it. I feel like I work on it all the time and it never changes. *sigh* Perhaps one of these days it will look good.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Jim the farmer has been giving us tips on organic farming. He uses fish emulsion (poop) to fertilize. It is cheap and it works great. My peas were over five tall last year and we couldn't keep up with the picking. Below is Josiah fertilizing a new plant we put out front.
We went back out to the farm. I finished doing a job I was assigned to do and went looking for Josiah. This is what I found. A boy covered in mud stealing eggs from the chicken coup. :)

No comments: