December 13, 2010

Jaron is 1

A year ago Jason and I made the treacherous trip in an ice storm to have Jaron delivered. While Jaron had issues with his lungs when he was born you would never know it now. He is a very active, happy little boy. It is hard to believe all that happened a year ago...seems like just a few months...and yet I can't remember life without him. He is a perfect addition to our family and the world has definitely been blessed with his laid back, smiley personality. Not a day goes by that he does make us laugh.

Today we did a little celebration for Jaron. His birthday almost sneaked up on us. Jaron, Jason, and Josiah have been really sick, plus I was gone for a few days for the memorial service for my grandpa so things have been a little crazy. We were going to have some friends over but since our family was sick that didn't work out. But we did make a cake for him to play in. Below are pictures of the experience.


The first few touches, trying to figure out what it was.

Then he discovered he could grab fist fulls.


YUM!!

"OH!" A piece of cake just fell on the floor.

He really liked the cake and cried when I decided he had enough. Then he opened a present from his brother. I don't have pictures of that and it wasn't very exciting because he was not at all interested in tearing the wrapping paper. I had to do it for him.

No comments: