May 13, 2010

Springtime (sort of)

It doesn't seem like the middle of May. The weather still has been pretty rainy and the temperature is still only in upper 50s most days (I know it is colder in Wyoming, but we have humidity so 50s is not that warm, especially if it is cloudy). Josiah and I are getting spring fever. We have had a few nice days and so I have made sure we get outside and enjoy it. A couple of weeks ago, we had a sunny day so we went for the first hike of the year. In February when we went to Bend, I saw a hydration pack made for kids at REI. I knew Josiah would love having his own backpack, so I bought. I was waiting for our first hike to give it to him. He was really excited about it.

Here he is on the trail all decked out in his hiking gear.



Jaron rode in the snuggly with Daddy. He did great. He just looked around and occasionally talked. Whenever I looked at him to see how he was doing, he was all smiles.



My Boys


Jaron is 5 months already. He is growing so fast (sniff, sniff). He is rolling over from his stomach to his back consistently now. He is trying to roll onto his stomach, but can't seem to get over his shoulder without help. He is starting to do some "inch worm" crawling, where he pulls his knees underneath of him and then pulls forward with his arms. This take a lot of effort, so he doesn't do very often and when he does he grunts a lot. He isn't sitting up on his own yet, but is starting to work on balancing. Here is in his Jumperoo.


Josiah almost done potty training. He only needs diapers at night, but the rest of the time he wears regular underwear. Josiah absolutely loves his brother. If he hears Jaron awake he will wake up early from a nap. He always wants to help and he can't wait until Jaron can play with him. Everyday Josiah reminds me that Jaron is getting bigger and soon they will be able to play. Here is a picture of Josiah reading a book to Jaron.




Josiah and I have also started having devotional times in the morning before chore time. We made prayer cards to remind us of what we want to pray about. We sing a few songs, then we each read silently from our Bibles, and then we use our prayer cards to pray. Josiah loves devotional time, and he does a great job participating. I am amazed at what a heart for God he has at such a young age.

No comments: