April 26, 2010

What it Means to Be Held

Life is always busy especially when you have two young kids. But the past few weeks have seemed more overwhelming than usual. Jason being unavailable, due to finishing up one of his hardest Master's classes while working 6 days a week, has left me tired from having to deal with the kids by myself most of the time. It has been even more difficult wth Josiah being emotional and acting out as he deals with the void of daddy not being around and also feeling jealous of Jaron. Jaron hasn't been napping well (probably due to the huge developmental leaps he has been making lately) so I have needed spend more energy taking care of him and discovering what he needs to stay rested and happy. There have been days where I wanted to go to bed and try again the next day. But as I look back on the past couple of weeks I see how God was faithful to carry me through. He gave me wisdom to ibegin "chore time" with Josiah which gave me a break from him to get things done and helped me stay relaxed so I could better handle temper tantrums. Even though Jaron was struggling during the day, God helped me out by allowing Jaron to start sleeping through the night so I could get enough rest to tackle all the demands of taking care of a house. He gave me a clear mind to problem solve how to get Jaron better rested and happy. God has also blessed me with wonderful friends and resources to give me ideas on organization and child-rearing. So though the past few weeks have been tiring and frustrating, I see how God has held me every step of the way. Today I was reminding once again of His goodness as I was sitting on the couch cuddling with my two happy, loving boys thinking how two weeks ago neither one of them were happy, but today were back to their normal, wonderful selves. I couldn't have done it with God's help and the help of the people he has put in my life.

No comments: