He has also been given the responsibility of keeping his bedroom clean. We made a chore chart that reminds him to put his books back on the shelf, put dirty clothes in the laundry basket, and to make his bed. When he is done he flips the chore over. We do "chore time" after breakfast. I tidy up a few things around the house while he cleans he room. He loves being able to "read" his chore chart and do things on his own. I love not having to clean his room and it frees me up to do some cleaning as well.
He has been really interested in numbers and how things are spelled. So I decided to do "school time" with him 3 days a week. It only lasts about 15 minutes (short attention span), but it makes him feel big that he is "going to school". I am working on letter and number recognition, what sounds each letter makes, and how to spell his name.
His vocabulary is growing quickly. This is good because he can communicate well what he wants to me. He likes to say the prayer at dinner. He does a great job. He likes to try to participate with answering questions at life group (to the point we have to tell him to let other people talk). He still loves to sing and enjoys learning new songs.
Though we have been having some trying times with him lately, I am always amazed at his love for people and for God. The other day we were listening to the birds chirping outside. I asked him if he could hear them singing, "Cheep cheep." He replied, "They aren't singing cheep cheep. They are singing Awesome God." For the past couple of nights he also has been praying for Jesus to come back so we can go to heaven.
Here are some pictures of Josiah the past couple of months.
Josiah at a Lighthouse near Newport
No comments:
Post a Comment