Many of you have asked me to put pictures of the Easter egg hunt on the blogspot, but the camera is at work with Jason, so I can't. But I will give you an update on what has been going on in the 3 weeks since I last posted.
Last week Jason's parents were here. They were kind enough to help us do some things around the yard. Last Monday and Tuesday were spent tilling up the backyard, leveling it, and planting new seed. The people before us had a huge dog that dug caverns making it difficult to walk around the yard without spraining an ankle. Since we wanted the backyard to be a place for Josiah to play we had fill in the caverns. Wednesday we went to the coast and wandered around for the day looking at the beach and the little shops. It was cold and windy so we didn't stay more than a couple of hours. Thursday we went to the Tulip Festival. A farm north of here plants 40 acres of tulips. We have a had a cool spring so many of them weren't in bloom yet. We hope to go back next week and see if they are in full bloom. Friday we hung around and recovered from the rest of the week and Saturday they left.
Josiah instantly liked his grandma (probably because she is a girl). While Josiah didn't dislike grandpa (he would let Chuck hold him without crying) he definitely didn't like him as well as grandma. I think it is partly to do with the fact that he is a guy and the fact that Chuck walked in on Josiah, without introductions, while he was trying to take a nap and scared Josiah.
This week has gone by fast. We have been spending time outside enjoying the sunny weather. Jason and I started putting the raised beds for the vegetable garden yesterday. We will put dirt in them tomorrow and I hope to start planting Sunday. My dad grew vegetables while I was growing up, but I have never done it. I am not very good at gardening, though I love it, so we will see what happens.
As for Josiah, I can't think of any funny stories to tell. He is getting closer to saying full sentences. He can string 2 or 3 words together in an attempt at making a sentence. He still enjoys playing and being outside. He hates to go inside even if he is hungry and exhausted.
I think that is about it. Hopefully I will be able to get those pictures up for you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment