April 28, 2009

Wasting time

I should be exercising or cleaning the house right now, but cloudy, rainy weather makes it difficult for me to be motivated to do anything besides take a nap. I decided that I could make myself feel better about being lazy by posting on the blogspot.

Spring has finally started to come. It seems like it took awhile, but we had a couple of weeks of sun. A few of those days it was even in the upper 80's (too hot). While the weather was nice we got out and did some yard work. I decided to try my hand at growing a vegetable garden. Jason and I made some garden beds and Josiah helped me plant seeds. Here are some pictures of Josiah and I planting the garden.

Josiah and I measuring where the rows should go.

Planting peas

Josiah was trying to help me cover the seeds, but he was being a little rough. He ended relocating the seeds instead of covering them. Here I am trying to teach him to be gentle with the dirt.


While the rain can be depressing at times, I am grateful for it because that means I don't have to water the lawn. We replanted the backyard almost a month ago and we have to keep the soil moist all the time for the grass to establish. It is nice to have mother nature take care of that for me for a couple of days. Helps on the water bill.

No comments: