January 20, 2009

We have internet again!!

So after of month of looking around we finally found an internet provider that wasn't outrageous, so today we got the internet hooked up. Now I can update the blogspot more regularly. I went through my pictures to find something to put up, but the only thing I really have is house pictures instead of Josiah pictures. So I thought I would show you the before and after pictures of our bathroom remodel.

Before
As you will see from the next two pictures, the bathroom hadn't been remodeled since the house was built in 1976. It boasted 70s gold for the countertop. Pieces of the mirror was peeling off. The bath tub had already been replaced due to a leak a couple of years ago so all we had to do was paint and replace the fixtures. A much easier job than the Port Orchard house. The only snag we ran into was when we removed the vanity there was a little bit of mold growing behind it on the wall. So we cleaned it with Clorox and put Kilz on it. Shouldn't be a problem anymore especially if you saw how much Clorox I put on the wall.



After
I am rather proud of how this turned out. We went with a warm, rustic idea to match the existing floor so we didn't have to put new floor down. The paint on the walls is called "Peanut Shell". The vanity is oak and we accessorized with oil rubbed bronze. We still have to put the trim up, but other than that it is finished. Only took three days.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Looks great. Our master bath has those bronze fittings and I like them.

Anonymous said...

You did good. I understand Kate helped out. And we suppose you are enjoying your Mother this week. Or at least Grandma and Josiah are enjoying each other! Jason, I keep track of Corvallis temps along with Powell & Las Vegas. We are both doing well. I will have carpal tunnel surgery on Feb. 6. Otherwise life is good and we just keep busy. Hugs, Grandma and Papa