December 16, 2008

Update

Sorry it has taken me so long to post. It just hasn't been convenient for me to make to the UCC and post. It is difficult to put pictures up with a toddler who likes to play with computers. I still don't have pictures with me, but I thought I would give an update on what was going on anyway. We are getting closer to being settled into our house. We are in the process of finding a reasonablely priced closet organizer so Jason can finally put his clothes away. Other than that we only have one more room to get organized, which is the the office/guest bedroom. I have to get it organized by next Sunday because that is when my sister, Katie, comes to visit and I promised her she didn't have to sleep on the couch. We set up a Christmas tree and hung some lights outside. This is very exciting for us because haven't decorated for Christmas in 5 years. Jason never saw the need since we always went to Wyoming.

The students are on Christmas Break for the next 3 weeks. Jason is frantically trying to clean up the paper work off his desk so he can start planning his classes for next term. I am going to be teaching a college ladies class on Captivating next term, so I am trying to get that organized on top of cleaning the house and running after a hyperactive toddler. So though it is Christmas Break we don't feel like we are having a break.

Sunday night an artic front hit Corvallis and we received 2-3 inches of light powder snow (not the heavy, slick, Cascade crud). Yesterday we took Josiah outside to check it out. He enjoyed playing in it, but he could only take being outside for 10 minutes before his nose turned bright red and he started to shiver. He cried when we took him back into the house. Today it is sunny, but still cold. Tomorrow another snow storm is suppose to hit. If we are lucky we might actually have a white Christmas in the Northwest.

Well..my son is starting to give me the sign that he is done playing by himself so I better go before he gets himself into trouble. :) Jason and I are probably going to Port Orchard later this week to help with Celebrate Jesus and visit his friend Rob so we probably won't be looking for internet until next week. Sorry!!! If I don't write anything until then, hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: