May 11, 2012

School pictures

Here are some pictures of what we did last month in school. Josiah is getting better at writing. He is getting better at sounding words out. 


Jaron likes to participate during school also. I typically just give him worksheets or a whiteboard to draw on while I work with Josiah. Jaron learns a lot just by listening. He's learned a lot of his shapes and numbers that way.

Last month was fish month. I bought a full fish for the boys to study one day. Here is Josiah explaining to Jaron the different parts of the fish.

We also went to the aquarium and read lots of books on sea life. It was a fun month. We are winding down school for the year. Josiah likes school, so I will probably continue to do worksheets with a few activities, but not spend as much time working on it during the summer. Because Josiah turns 5 so close to the kindergarten cut off date we will keep him home another year.  I've talked to a lot of people and they all said you want to keep a boy out an extra year because boys mature slower than girls.

No comments: