A lot has happened since I last posted. My parents came out for a couple of weeks and we tore up the front yard. There were some drainage problems with it. Plus had a whole from a tree we took out when we first moved in that we needed to fill in and we wanted to add a rock pathway so the best way to accomplish all of that was to just tear it up and start over. It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it. I will put up pictures when the grass starts coming in.
Jason finished up his last class of his Masters. He took his comprehensive Bible exam and is waiting to hear back if he passed. If he passed then he will DONE!!! He has been taking classes for 7 years. It will nice to have a summer where he doesn't have to work on school work.
We finally made it to Jaron's neurologist appointment. The first appointment was cancelled due to snow. The prognosis is really good. It looks like he will be on medication for two years to keep him seizures free and train his brain not to have seizures. Then we will wean him off his medication and hopefully be done. Jaron's verbal skills have grown by leaps and bounds. He is singing and talking in sentences now. He knows most of his shapes and recognizes several letters and numbers. He learned all of this from watching his brother.
Josiah is continuing to learn a lot. Reading simple words is getting easier. He can almost count to 100. He is learning how to add by one. He isn't enjoying the worksheets as much right now (I think he has spring fever) so we have been reading lots of books and playing learning games. I wish we were playing outside, but we have only had a few nice days this spring. The rest of the time it has been raining. The books he likes to read right now are comic books and Great Illustrated Classics. Jason got him hooked on Spiderman comic books. Now Josiah is likes to pretend he is Spidyboy and tries to climb the walls with his "sticky" hands. I am considering finding a place to make a climbing wall. :) I got Josiah on Great Illustrated Classics because the shorter books were getting boring for him. I like these books because they are chapter books, but every page is a picture for him to look at while I read. We read one book about every 3 days because he is always wants me to read.
I don't have any pictures, but I took this video of Jaron singing with my computer camera. It is kind of fuzzy, but I think it is cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment