February 20, 2011

Josiah my big helper

It can get crazy around the house when you have two babies that our a year old or younger. I don't know what I would do without Josiah. He loves babies and he usually takes care of one of them while I am attending to the other. However, when he just playing with Jaron, Josiah is not as giving. He likes to take whatever toy Jaron is playing with and he likes to try to wrestle him (but Jaron likes to take Josiah's toys so they both need to learn).

We are continuing to do school time at least 3 days a week. He loves school time. He loves doing the worksheets. He likes to write but doesn’t really like to color (doesn’t hae the patience for it). I have been focusing on writing his letters and number recognition. He is able to recognize most of the numbers 1-9. We've practice letter writing A-H. We continue to do that but I want to add learning about important character traits along with academic stuff. I know Josiah will learn his numbers and letters at school, but they won't teach him how to be encouraging and hard-working. That is not the teachers' responsibility. So I am working on how I am going to introduce those ideas.

During devotional time at home he is doing the song leading. His favorite song is still "Awesome God." He also leads "Firm Foundation," "Ain't No Rock," and "This Little Light of Mine." I am memorizing the book of Colossians as my spiritual goal for the year. He is memorizing parts with me. He has Colossians 3:1 memorized and then he has most of Colossians chapter 1 memorized as well since he listens to me recite it. He is very smart kid.

Below are some fun pictures of Josiah.


Sailing in a boat

Josiah tells people that Jaron is mommy's baby and Khalil is his.



Josiah Kung Fu Fighting

Helping make Christmas ornaments

No comments: