August 26, 2009

Blueberry picking

I haven't gone through any pictures to post. I keep forgetting and frankly with everything else going on, it hasn't been a priority. We have been very busy praying, planning, and getting things ready for school to start. I feel like God has given a vision for next year and we are excited to see what He has in store for us. It would be great if you could pray for us as we begin our second school year.

I am almost done with my 25th week of pregnancy. While in some ways it has gotten in easier (not so tired and nauseated) in other ways it has gotten harder. I have been having a lot of pain in my lower back and hips. My doctor is out of town so I am waiting until my appointment next week to discuss options for helping it. I have about 2 hours of mobility in the morning before I have to rest with heat on my back so I can walk again. Then another couple of hours in the evening to cook dinner and clean the kitchen. Both Jason and Josiah have been very understanding about my condition. On the bright side, I have been able to help out a lot with planning for the ministry because most of it consists of praying and reading. But despite the pain I am getting very excited to meet our new baby boy. I can feel him getting bigger and stronger everyday.

So to make up for not having pictures I decided to tell a fun story about taking Josiah blueberry picking.

A couple of weeks ago we all went blueberry picking. Of course Josiah was very excited to go because he loves picking everything from veggies to berries. When we first started out he was very good about picking the berries and sticking them in the bucket. But I think as lunch time came nearer, he began to eat more than he put in the bucket. At first he tried to hide himself in a bush so we couldn't see him and he would eat all the blueberries he could until we found him. When we told him he had to stay with us he just continued to eat blueberries instead of putting them in the bucket. When we would tell him to put them in the bucket he would tell us that he would hold on to them. Which means, "I will hold on to them until I eat them." Jason told him that if he didn't put them in the bucket he would have to go into time out. Josiah ate them and Jason told him to sit on the ground and not to move (which Josiah was very upset about). When timeout was over, Josiah was very helpful for about 5 minutes. Then Josiah decided he didn't want to put the blueberries in the bucket anymore. So he picked them, put them in his mouth, and then put himself in timeout since he chose not to put the blueberries in the bucket. I heard Josiah announce to his daddy, "I didn't put the blueberries in the bucket, so I go to timeout." I peeked over the bush and found him sitting in the dirt for his timeout and Jason trying to hide his laughter. It was at that point we realized in was lunch time and you just can't expect a hungry toddler who is addicted to blueberries to have that kind of self-control. So we left and had lunch.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I think you are lucky that ANY blueberries made it into the bucket! I don't think we could do anything to make Natalee stop eating them except leaving. That's her favorite food by far.