This a bit late, but I have been out of town most of the week, but I thought I would share a story from Mother's Day.
For Mother's Day Jason and I made plans for the family to take a hike after church. I woke up early Sunday morning, took a shower, got dressed, and packed provisions for the hike before Josiah woke up. I was so proud of myself for being organized.
Then Josiah woke up.
I picked him up out a his bed and changed his diaper and dressed him. While I was dressing him I was trying to explain to him it was Mommy's Day. "Josiah can you say Happy Mommy's Day?"
He smiled at me and said, "Josiah's Day!"
"No baby. It is Mommy's Day. Your day is in July."
"Josiah's Day!"
I gave up asking him to say Mommy's day and I took him out to the kitchen to make him breakfast only to find the bagels were moldy. "No problem," I said to myself. "Because I already have our stuff together we will just run down to the store and grab breakfast before church." As I was grabbing the bags to take out to the car I noticed Josiah playing with my keys. That's okay", I thought, "I'll get them from him when I come back in." By the time I came back Josiah didn't have them anymore. I asked them where they were and he ran down the hall to his room and shut his door. I walked in and asked again and he just giggled. "Great, now I can't find my keys." I looked for 10 minutes before I gave up. I grabbed the extra set of keys and went back into Josiah's room to take him out to the car. When I walked in I noticed he was naked and playing with his toys. I looked at the clock and noticed that by the time I got him dressed again we wouldn't have time to run by the store before Bible class. I walked back out and scrounged around for some food that would make a good breakfast while riding in a car. I managed to find a lost granola bar and cut up some apples.
I walked back down the hall and noticed he was in the bathroom. I was praying that he had decided to try to use the potty since he was naked but considering how the morning was going I wasn't hopeful. As I turned the corner my suspicions were confirmed. Josiah was standing in a long string of toilet paper that he had unraveled and was tearing it into pieces and putting it in the toilet. When he saw me he knew he was in trouble and jumped and screamed. I scolded him because he knew he is not allowed to play with the toilet paper. He helped me pick it up. When it was done I told him it was time to get dressed and Josiah took off down the hall to the living room giggling.
I finally cornered him in the living room. As I scooped up my wiggly giggly son, I sighed and said to myself,"Happy Mother's Day, Amanda."
So Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who have gave up their sanity to raising kids, and given the chance, would do again.
P.S. By the way...Josiah made it to Bible class fed and on time and we had a wonderful hike after church.
No comments:
Post a Comment