So life in the Swick family, is busy at usual. Last week we were busy preparing for Fall Retreat. We had 15 students from our campus ministry and 3 students from Boise State attend. Saturday afternoon Jason went out and played 4 hours of tackle football. He came in with an injuried larnyx. It hurt so back he couldn't swallow or talk. We thought it was broken. He was able to swallow some pain meds, which dulled the pain a little so we figured it was just bruised. Now he fine, thank God. This week is jammed pack because I am filling in for the church secretary while she is out of town. On top of that we close on our house on Wednesday and the church is coming over on Saturday to help move us. So on top of working, I have to pack the house up because Jason is busy with work and trying to write a 20 page paper for his class. I am so grateful for our church family here, though, because I have gotten numerous offers from people offering to watch Josiah or help me pack. So I don't have to do this alone.
Before I move onto stuff about Josiah we would ask that you pray for Jason's best friend Rob and his family. This past week Rob's two year old son, Hunter, was diagnosed with Leukemia. Please pray for healing for Hunter and for comfort for his family has they go through this rough time.
So onto Josiah news. He is developing both mentally and physically at lightning speed. Four molars finally came in and he has two canines on the top coming in now. His motor skills are improving as he now able to build towers with his legos. He also has become a dancing machine and he has started running (usually away from me). His verbals skills are improving. He tries to pronounce the last word of every sentence I say. If he can't pronounce the word he just says, "Yea." He is starting to learn letters and the sounds they make. I can show him the letter P and ask him what sound it makes and he say, "pp, pp." He knows the sounds for 3 letter right now. He knows where his nose, eyes, ears, mouth, and belly button are at. It amazes at what he is learning and remembers.
Now here are the pictures:
licked the bowl.
1 comment:
It is amazing all of the imitation they do at this age. We realized that Natalee was probably hitting Meg in the face because of how Jesse plays with Meg (and Natalee thinks it is hilarious)....we just hope she didn't remember too much from when she caught Jesse cleaning the toilet on Saturday!!!
Post a Comment