October 2, 2007

2 Month Doctor Visit

Josiah had his two month doctors appointment. He now weights 12 lbs 8oz and is 23 inches long. His head is 16 1/4 inches around. The doctor says he looks great. Josiah also had his first round of shots. He handled the shots okay. He cried but Jason said it was mainly because he didn't like his legs being pinned down. After the shots I nursed him and he left the doctor's office all smiles. On the way home he fell asleep. When he woke up 3 hours later he was in a lot of pain. His right leg was really swollen and inflammed. He couldn't hardly move it. He cried for a long time (while he was crying mommy was crying). We tried to hold him to comfort him, but that only made it worse. He finally settled down around midnight last night but woke up several times. He is feeling much better today. He is moving his leg and we are able to hold him again.
Sorry I don't have any more pictures with me right now. I forgot to download them before I came to the coffee shop. I will try to get more pictures out later this week.

1 comment:

The Greers said...

Don't know if you guys use medicine or not, but an old-timer mom told me to give the baby a dose of Tylenol 30 minutes before the shots. This helps eliminate problems before they start. It always worked with my girls. Just an idea. :)