June 1, 2007

May Vacation







This month we took a couple of days off and toured a little bit of West Virginia. This first picture is Jason and I at Blackwater Falls State Park.



This picture was taken at Spruce Knob, the highest point in West Virginia. This hill stands 4861 feet above sea level.











One day we played miniature golf. This picture shows how Jason recovered from a bad first put by using his golf club as a pool stick for the second stroke. The ball went in on the second stroke. I think it is cheating but I let him do it anyway.








This is Dolly Sods. It is a little piece of Wyoming stuck in West Virginia. It was nice to be able to see for miles without having a bunch of trees in the way.





This is me at the top of Seneca Rocks. I managed to drag my 6 month pregnant body up 1.5 mile trail. In 1.5 miles we gained 1,000 feet in elevation. I did in 45 minutes.

My favorite part of the trip was being able to feed and watch the 2 foot long trout. The trout live outside the cabin that we stayed at. Here is a cool picture of the fish fighting over the food we threw at them.

No comments: